There are many brides that like to stick with the “traditional wedding.” However, I love the brides that like to think outside the box. When a bride comes to me and say that they want to do something different, I become so happy! J I love to put colors together that doesn’t match, making the programs into a newsletter, or sending DVDs as the “save-the-date.” Anything to make the bride and wedding different, I’m all for it.
So, what are ways to step outside of the box for a wedding?
1) Select a theme that no one has ever thought of…
2) Get a colorful wedding dress
3) Have “real” entertainment at the reception. i.e. Harlem Globetrotters
4) Have a costume wedding…
5) If you’re not the bride that likes wearing dresses, get a nice pantsuit
6) Have all of your centerpieces handmade
7) Have a dance contest at the reception (guest will certainly get involved)
8) If you are really into music, have your wedding as a musical
9) Get unexpected Fabric for your dresses
10) Or have a full weekend wedding (different activities leading up to the big day)
No one says that there is ONE way to have a wedding. Be yourself; express yourself during your wedding! For more ideas on a non-traditional, outside the box, modern wedding, please contact Variety House at firstname.lastname@example.org